Training UK development
Driving for Better Business is a government-backed Highways England programme to help employers in both the private and public sectors reduce work-related road risk, decrease the associated costs and improve compliance with current legislation and guidance.
What is Work-Related Road Risk?
At its simplest, it is the risk that one of your employees could be involved in a collision while driving for work, with the potential of injury to the driver or other road users.
- It puts your staff at risk
- It puts other road users at risk
- It can cost your organisation a lot of money
- It puts you, your organisation and your reputation at risk.
You have a legal duty under ‘health & safety at work’ legislation to manage it properly.Put simply, in order to comply with all this legislation:
- Your organisation must not do anything that puts drivers at risk.
- Your organisations work-related driving activities must not endanger other road users.
- Directors must put appropriate policies and procedures in place to ensure this is so.
- All employees must follow those policies and procedures at all times.
You also have a moral duty to ensure your staff get home safe and well at the end of each day.Then there is the financial case because good management can help you make significant reductions in your operating costs.Driving for Better Business is FREE to join and there are lots of FREE resources, guides and tools to help you…REDUCE collision repair costs
REDUCE maintenance costs
REDUCE fleet insurance and excess costs
REDUCE third party claims costs
REDUCE fuel use and emissions
REDUCE business mileage claims
REDUCE replacement staff and vehicle costs
REDUCE hidden management and admin costs