Training UK development
ARRM is the essential membership organisation for professionals and organisations involved in work-related road safety and the management of occupational road risk, collaborating with other organisations to promote innovation and share best practice.
CONTACT DETAILS:White House, Pagham Road, LagnessChichester PO20 1LNEmail [email protected]
Registered Charity Number 1054640
ARRM was previously known as AIRSO (the Association of Industrial Road Safety Officers) and was formed in 1965 to provide support for individuals working in the area of road safety; particularly within industry and as a means by which the views among professional colleagues could be exchanged.
The role of Industrial Road Safety Officer no longer exists however, as it was one of the first roles to recognise the risks inherent in driving for work, the Association elected to rebrand as the Association for Road Risk Management and focus its energies on improving safety for those who drive for work or commute.
ARRM is now the home for a broad range of professionals whose work involves improving work-related road safety and the management of occupational road risk.
Health and Safety Managers
Road Safety Practitioners
Fleet Driver Trainers
Emergency Services Personnel
Occupational Road Risk Consultants
Academics and researchers
Safety Standards Boards
Fleet Safety Product/Service Providers
Government and Regulators
The Association will look to:
- Promote better understanding and practice of ‘The Safe System for Road Safety’
- Champion improvements in all areas of work-related road safety and risk management
- Champion the education and awareness of those who drive for work and commute by road
- Champion improvements in road infrastructure design and engineering
- Champion improvements in vehicle design and safety technology
- Champion improvements in emissions and air quality
- Provide easy and helpful implementation steps for effective measures
- Champion innovation, in both campaigning and design, that contributes to improvements in work-related road safety and risk management
- Provide training, education and continuing professional development for those involved in the promotion of work-related road safety and risk management
- Provide a forum for networking and sharing of experience
- Provide a platform for the sharing of international road safety research and statistics
- Provide a platform to share international best practice
- Provide a platform to share UK best practice with the international community
- Provide a free library of resources for those involved in promoting work-related road safety and risk management